1. Responsible to :- Operation manager
2. Job Purpose :-
To lead and coach the pharmacy team to achieve excellence and provide exceptional customer care and patient safety.
Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally to drive operational excellence through pharmacy sales and professional services.
3. Qualifications :- Qualified Pharmacist and registered with the GPhC
4. Specific Duties :-
1. Ensure pharmacy compliance with ethical, professional and legal pharmacy standards to ensure that every customer and patient receives a safe, accurate and efficient service
2. Ensure you drive the NHS agenda and work collaboratively with the superintendent’s office to reduce incidents
3. Ensure confidentiality of customer and company information as required by the Data Protection Act
4. Ensure effective long term relationships are being developed and maintained with current and future customers
5. Ensure the pharmacy team delivers the best service and care for our customers and patients and maximises the opportunity to drive customer loyalty
6. Use effective questioning and listening techniques to understand customer needs and provide them with the relevant services or products
7. Keep waiting times for customers and patients to a minimum, ensuring that resource is utilised effectively within the pharmacy and scheduling of staff is aligned to customer footfall
8. Deal with customer and patient complaints effectively and efficiently Accountability
9. Lead and coach the pharmacy team to ensure achievement of NHS items, OTC Sales, Professional Services Income and Cost Control targets and KPI’s
10. Drive performance of colleagues by setting appropriate stretching performance and behavioural objectives
11. Recruit, train and ongoing development of your team
12. Ensure prompt and accurate implementation of planograms in line with company merchandising guidelines Respect
13. Ensure ongoing self-development focusing on current issues within the profession, knowledge of the trends and issues affecting business both locally and nationally keeping up to date with regulatory and statuary requirement
14. Take personal responsibility to complete all required training and development within required timeframes
15. Open and clear communication skills and the confidence to engage customers
The Company expects all employees to work to the best of their ability, showing enthusiasm, assisting fellow employees and endeavoring to maintain a high standard of work ethics and commitment.
All employees should have a good working knowledge of the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures and policies (including Code of Conduct, Data Protection and Confidentiality, Health and Safety regulations), working practices and the legal and ethical requirements affecting pharmacy relevant to their role. These should be followed at all times.
All employees are expected to show interest in furthering knowledge and be willing to attend training courses as requested by management or the training officer.
All employees are expected to make every effort to maintain good teamwork, discussing difficulties and working relationships promptly with the Pharmacist Manager, Line Manager or Dispensing Technician.
This job description sets out the current duties of a Pharmacy Manager that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the position or the level of responsibility entailed.